Jobs atPat and Stick’s
Homemade Ice Cream Co.
The Pat and Stick’s Homemade Company Ice Cream Co currently have an exciting opportunity for a hand on production manager position.
You are required to lead a production team of 10-15 people; to observe daily production to ensure all activities are performed according to the strict production workflow schedules and quality assurance; considerable supervisory and management responsibilities required.
- Day to day operation of the factory manufacturing
- Provide oversight of the production, organising and running of the machines and other facilities on site
- Allocate sufficient human resource and/or machinery according to job loads and provide regular review
- Establish production workflow schedules, budgets and targets, manage costs and optimise labour efficiency
- Monitor and perform work quality assessments and feedbacks, and implementing improvements if required, to ensure highest quality standards of food products and minimise defects-related costs
- Maintain deadlines and quality as per commercial service agreements to deliver projects
- Management of WIP meetings, preparation of daily, weekly and monthly workflow schedules.
- Maintaining a well-documented scope of work for each project, informing the director on any manufacturing concerns
- Liaise with the management about manufacturing budgeting and assist in controlling inventory level
- Maintain integrity of accounting & production systems data and contribute advice in various other areas of finance including pricing amendments and product information
- Formulate and implement manufacturing and company policies and procedures to maximise output
- Prepare and produce weekly operation/production report tothe director, including the creation of freezing and packaging record
- Recommend and implement plans such as new production techniques, tools, purchase of new machineryand changes in staff levels
- Manage installation of equipment and machinery, detectand organise maintenance/repair through contractors when necessary
- Supervise the final daily cleaning process ensuring the hygiene requirement has been met
- Implement OH&S procedures, conduct relevant trainings
- Organise recruitment and placement of required staff,allocate jobs to job loads, conduct performance evaluationof production workers
- Authorise on labour time sheet before processing of payroll.
- Food handling experience in a factory environment is a must
- At least three years supervisory experience in leading a teamwith strong people management and team building skills
- A tertiary qualification in business, operationsmanagement or relevant discipline
- Industry experience plus knowledge in costs controlling and management accounting
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- High level communication skills to convey information effectively
- The ability to identify problems in a process-based environment and to recommend solutions which minimise disruption to the manufacturing schedule
- Ability to multi task and work quickly under pressure
- Multi-lingual in English and Chinese preferable (liaison with Chinese suppliers and machine manufacturer required).
You can register your interest in this role by forwarding your cover-letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note only applicants shortlisted for this role will be contacted. Your application will be treated with strict confidentiality.